OXYGEN SENSOR PROBLEMS

Dodge Spirit

I have a 1990 dodge spirit with the 2.5L 4 cyl. Non-turbo. It has 162,000 kmi. Recently I have put 3 oxygen sensors in it in the last 1 1/2 years. They seem to fail about every 5000 miles or so. What could be causing this?
Dirtmod454

Could be contaminated with coolant or oil sending an inorrect info to the computeril

I made sure the sensor connections were clean of dirt and oil. They fail regardless. I have even taken the time periodically to spray the connections with contact cleaner to prevent contamination. Sensors still don't last very long.

Dirtmod454

Am talking about the internal part of the O2 sensors not external

That is possible, However the car hardly burns any oil and coolant level remains normal. I really am baffled as to what the cause is. The check engine light never comes on when they go bad either.

Dirtmod454
Is it OEM O2 sensors

Check for fault codes and wiring to the 02s