BRAKE PROBLEM

1991 Dodge Shadow

Brakes problem
1991 Dodge Shadow 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 121000 miles

i have my girlfriends 1991 dodge shadow that her brother was using while she was overseas with army stuff. He said one day the brakes just stopped working. Its sat in the drive way for about the last year.

when I started looking at it, it had fluid in it but the pedal went flat to the floor with no resistance. I checked the lined and connections and I didnt see any breaks or damage in them and tried to bleed the brakes. Brakes seemed to bleed fine and had pressure but turned the car on and they went flat to the floor. So I changed the master cylinder, bench bled it before install with the kit it came with and bled the brakes after that. Now the brakes kinda work but pretty much still go flat to the floor. You have to pump them alot to work. Ive bled the brakes 5 times since putting the new master cylinder in (letting it sit for a day or so and trying it again) but still the same. Any ideas or ideas on what to check next?
Spoonish

I guess there was no repair worse than having a problem bleeding these brakes.
Well I can't say that. Many times one of the metering valves would stick. If a gravity or vacuum bleed is unsucessful, you may need to replace the proportioning valve. RR, LF, LR, RF.
Gravity. Vacuum, and pressure bleeding are the only way. I think it may require a pressure bleeder. A small piece of dirt causes a great deal of bleeding. Crack all 4 and just keep bleeding, remove and replace the valve. OK Is there any booster problem?

Ch112063