ENGINE LIGHT

2002 Dodge Ram

2002 Dodge Ram V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 105000 miles

I have had my truck in 3 times because the engine light keeps coming back on. I have taken it to a Dodge dealer and each time they charged me $100 to tell me it is the fan relay switch. They do not fix anything, just turn off the engine light. Shouldn't they be doing something to correct this? I am tired of handing out money time after time? Would the fan relay switch cause the light to keep coming on? Shouldn't they be fixing something to stop the light from coming on?
Jangalle

I've talked with a car professional about an issue with the fan relay switch before. He even told me that it could cost over a hundred dollars to fix. Instead, he suggested to check the radiator/condensor fan fuses. If one or both are blown, replace them. Since they are cheap, I'd recommend changing them anyhow and seeing if that solves the problem. He explained this to me as: " If there is a lot of dust or ice build up on the fan, starting your truck will try to force it to move, potentially blowing the fuses.&Quot; Good luck, let me know if this works out for you.

Tj_1611