95

1995 Dodge Neon

This is more of a technical/design question wasnt sure where to put it, I was wondering if any one has or can get the trunk layout for a 95 dodge neon sport model maybe scale model dimensions, full dimensions, a place where you can buy a template etc, just the floor curvature dont need sides or anything like that, just need to know like the length width angle of the curves things like that if anyone has access to or already has this information it would be greatly appreciated ( or if you know a way to get the information other than my own car because I have no way of measuring the angle of the curves in the trunk thanks )
Twiztidmafia

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_confused3_1.jpg

Even Donald isn't sure on that one, he suggests blowing it up.

That's a tough one, why the precisness?

Well the preciseness because I plan on covering the cargo area with diamond plate

Twiztidmafia
I'm not sayin I can or can't help help you.

I may try to to help if it sounds right.

What is so special about this car to do this?

How are you oing to fabiricate this if you have the specs?

You have my curiousity!
I have done my share of foolish things that may be similiar : D I will help if I can 8)

Ok, well a acquaintance of mine is going to make the mats, he already has the CAD design for the front and rear floor mats, but I got the idea to do the trunk, I took a box cutter and trimmed out as best as I could the stock cargo liner of the car, however, it is not as presice as we would like it to be, and he is cutting me a hell of a deal for all 5 mats, and I told him I will get him a template he can use so he can market the mats, so we need a really technical precise measures/cut-out of the trunk in order to CAD it and get the plasma cutter to cut the mats. The car is actually very special to me, sounds corny stupid retarded "Ricerish" whatever you want to call it ever since I was old enough to sit in a car, I have wanted a really nice one, one that stands out among the ordinary.I just didn't know what, and honestly it was a cross between the way trends were already going and as sad as it is for me to admit it The Fast And The Furious Movie inspired me a lil bit

Twiztidmafia
Looks a lot better than the things I have done. I may be able to help as I have customer's with neon that I can probably do some measuring and draw them on AutoCad if thats what you need. If I have to get into a 3d kind of thing, then not much I can do there. It's been a year since I drew anything, but get back to me and we'll go from there.

Dude I would love that, I need them to be prescise, sorry not trying to make it seem like im smarter than you im sure you are well aware of what you are doing but if you could do that I know it isnt much but I would b more than willing to make a small donation to y'all because this makes the 2nd time u have helped me, but yes please man that would seriously kick and same me a whole lotta time hasleing with this dude about how to get a template to him whut he needs and how I cant do what he needs etc etc thank you soo much : mrgreen:

Twiztidmafia
Are you just trying to cover the trunk " floor" or cover the sides as well?

I would try and apply fiberglass or even a glue to the carpet so it will hold its shape, wait for it to dry then cut it down the middle, (back seat to trunk lid) then remove it that should give you a fairly good platform to start with the diamond plate.

Stratus98
No just the floor, unfortunately I already cut out the trunk mat ( cargo liner ) but from inexperience and cold temparatures, frozen liner, and the spare tire cover, it wasnt as accurate as he would like it to be, and being as he will be marketing these as well they need to be damn close to perfection, hence why I said that CAD measurement of the trunk. Design or what not would be perfect, the guy has responded to me said that if he can get a 2 D layout length width, corner angles etc, basicaly a mapped out blueprint of the trunk floor layout, wich is pretty much what a CAD design of the trunk would be which I stress is very important to be perfect. Other than setting something flexable in the trunk thats lightweight easy to cut and or easy to mark, I dont see any other way of getting the dimensions other than someone physicaly looking at the trunk mapping it inch for inch corner for corner which is why I am soo greatful and hopeful that he will be able to help me, so please get back to me and let me know whats going on so I can rely the hopefully good dreaduly ( if it is bad news ) bad news back to him thanks man for all the help

Twiztidmafia
I'll give it a shot. Do you know what year neons will be compatable? I am assuming they are the same through 2000?

That will help narrow it down to finding one.

IF you have a cad drawing for the front that he is going to use for the cnc, send it to me and I'll start my drawing off that one. It will make it a little easier.

Also, take a pic of your trunk space that you are covering and e mail me that also. If you can mark a second copy with where you are covering that would be helpful. IF not I'll mark it send it back so we are on the same page.

Ok well as far as I know its 95-99 neons all body parts and engine parts are interchangeable I will go get that pic of the trunk right now I just picked my car up from the shop from gettin my new rims and tores put on along with the new KYG Nitrous struts so I had to take my speaker box out I will go take that pic now and upload it here and email it to you as well ill try and get a few different angles for you and what do you mean by cnc? I know he has the layouts for the front and rear on cad but he needs the one for the trunk so he can start manufacturing this one and all future ones

Twiztidmafia
Page 1 of 2