RADIO ANTENNA PROBLEMS

1996 Dodge Neon

1996 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105630 miles

I was driving and had to slow down and my radio went out I can only get one station and AM but nothing else. I have read at other places that it could be the antenna was not connect but I do not know how to re connect the antenna. From what it looks like I might have to take off the quarter panel? Any help will be appreciated
Tjbski

Hi tjbski. Welcome to the forum. It's not the antenna. AM is impossible to receive with an antenna problem. Strong FM stations might still come in with the antenna disconnected.

There are three different common causes of no FM depending on the model of your radio. Only the inexpensive Chrysler-built AM / FM with or without cassette requires a new FM tuner because it is a sealed unit. I have the updated replacements but they're expensive. The Alpine-built CD player has electrical problems that must be repaired. The very high quality Mitsubishi-built CD / cassette combo radio develops FM tuner trouble that I can repair without replacing expensive parts. These last two problems are repaired for life. In addition, some of these radios develop intermittent display, intermittent AM and FM, front switches don't work or perform the wrong functions, and the volume control doesn't work properly. I repair all of these things at the same time to prevent future problems.