CATALYTIC CONVERTER

2001 Dodge Neon

2001 Dodge Neon 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

Friend of mine has a 2001 Dodge Neon. He's been told he needs a new catalytic converter and an exhaust manifold catalytic converter. Tried a couple autoparts stores and nobody seems to be able to help figure out/locate the exhaust manifold catalytic converter.

Is there such a thing? Does it go by another name or is part of the exhaust manifold?
NYBRWNEYEDGIRL

Manifold convertor? Do you mean preheat or engine warm up convertor? Its a little one before the main convertor.

Blackop555
He was told he had two catalytic converters. One is just before the muffler and the other one is near the exhaust manifold. The one near the muffler was easy to find a replacement part for. But the other one I can't find. He was told it was the " exhaust manifold catalytic converter".

From his description to me it seem it goes from the engine to the exhaust manifold to this " other catalytic converter" to a long pipe into the " regular catalytic converter" then to the muffler.

Does that help?

NYBRWNEYEDGIRL
It goes in this order, engine, exhaust manifold, warm up convertor, if equipped. Catalytic convertor, resonator, muffler tailpipe.

Blackop555