DODGE INTREPID SENSOR PROBLEM

Dodge Intrepid

I have a 1995 Dodge Intrepid. The problem is intermitten but very troublesome when it happens. When I turn on the car or occassionally while I am driving, the guages (tach, speedometer, indicator light, heat guage) will stop working and the car will not shift out of low gear. I had it in a garage twice and each time they did something (tighten a ground wire and something with the computer). The problem is still happening. Sometimes it snaps out of it within a few blocks, sometimes it takes considerably longer (7 or 8 miles). Any help as to what this is or what I can do will be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Kurseth

Sounds like the Output Speed Sensor is going out. I had a Dodge Stratus that did the same thing. If you leave it like that it will never shift out of low after a while. There is a panel in the drivers side front wheel well (stratus) take it off and the Output Speed Sensor is there on the tranny. Cost about $20 at Advanced or Auto Zone.

Koby
Thank you very much for responding! I will give this a try and if you are correct I owe you a huge thank you, as no one has been able to figure this out yet. Thanks again!

Kurseth
Thank you very much for responding! I will give this a try and if you are correct I owe you a huge thank you, as no one has been able to figure this out yet. Thanks again![/Quote: b8d716b1d0]

just give me a reputation on the website

Koby