DODGE INTREPID NOISE PROBLEM

2003 Dodge Intrepid

Noises problem
2003 Dodge Intrepid 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 126, 00 miles

I have clunking noises when I brake or turn or whenever
that seem to come from back and front of my vehichle
I told my mechanic and he said it was my struts so I had the rear struts replaced. I believe I did need new struts but that did not correct the problem. He test drove it after he did the struts and said the noise was gone in the back and said I still need front struts. I believe it is some other problem.
KAREN SAWULSKI

Hi KAREN SAWULSKI,

Thank you for the donation.

Sorry to say this but noise problems are impossible to diagnose without the physical vehicle so we can only provide you with some idea what to check.

Where struts are concerned, they would not emit any noise during braking or cornering. When struts are bad, vehicle would have stability concerns and you might feel vehicle is not stable, especially at higher speeds and moderate to high speed turns. Most of the time the noise would be rattling during slightly uneven road conditions.

Depending on the type of noise, most of them are due to worn stabilozer links, control arm bushes or ball joints and steering linkages. I would suggest getting these checked.

Get a second opinion if necessary.

Check wheel bearings. If you turn the car to right and noise stops then comes back as you straighten out it may be right side wheel bearing.

Miner169
Have you found the problem?