WIPERS AND FLUID PUMP

2002 Dodge Intrepid

2002 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 144000 miles

Hi,
First my windshield washer pump does not work. From what we can tell there is no power getting to the pump. This morning, I find my windshield wipers do not work.
2002 Dodge Intrepid. (Warning. Girl question.) Is the windshield fluid controlled by the wiper motor? OR will I need to replace both parts? Could it be an electrical thing?
Vivlemore

Actually, I like these questions because I get to teach. There are two seperate motors that run the wipers and the washer. The washer motor is a small electric motor mounted at the bottom of the washer resivour. The wiper motor is a large motor mounted on the firewall. They are run from the same switch but from different circuits. The first thing I would check (if you haven't) are the fuses under the dash on the driver's side. The owner's manual will identify which fuse is for which circuit.

Next, check the fuses under the hood. There is a black box that says power distribution box. Check in there for fuses. If you look at the underside of the lid, it will indicate what each fuse is for. If they are all good, the next step is to check for power to the motors. I will explaine that when we get to it.

Let me know what you find.

Hi Joe,
Thank you. I got lucky. The 2nd issue (the wipers) was just a fuse. I checked it. Didn't look burned out. Guess it was. Oops! So much for girl power!
I'm still tryin to figure out why I'm not getting power to my washer pump. Looks like my dad and I may tare into it again this weekend and play around. Any suggestions? I'm almost afraid it's something in the wiring. But if that were the case. Wouldn't something else be acting screwy? Id much rather have a horse n buggy. Throw an additional set of shoes in a saddle bag and off ya go lol. Thanks for the help Joe!

Vivlemore