CATALYTIC CONVERTER

2002 Dodge Intrepid

Engine problem
2002 Dodge Intrepid 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 95000 miles

Hi there,
I have a Chrysler Intrepid 2002 with 153.000km on it. A month ago the check engine light came on and after checking the codes with my mechanic, he decided that there was an O2 sensor gone bad. He replaced the O2 sensor in bank 1, which is located after the catalytic converter, but the light was still on. The he replaced the O2 sensor after the catalytic converter, but with no results, Now he can read the codes PO141 and PO137 in his OSBII tool. At the moment he thinks that the best thing to do is to replace the catalytic converter, but I don't want to spend some extra $400.00 without being sure that this would fix the problem.(PS. I've already spent $260.00 for the replacement of the two O2 sensors. Please, help me with any advice you can give. Thanks in advance.
Alketden

Sounds to me the catalytic converter has a problem-the codes you have relates to O2 sensor-been changed after the cat-and its telling the computer something is still wrong-Is he using OEM parts

Thanks for answering my question. My mechanic is using NGK O2 sensors which are around $95.00 a piece. One more thing I forgot to write before is that the fumes that come out of the pipe smell much worse lately. I also forgot to mention that we replaced the upstream and downstream sensors twice, so there should be a very small possibility that the O2 sensors are faulty.

Alketden
I have the same problem! I replaced all four of the O2 sensors and one of the catalytic converters but I still have my engine light on and it always says one of my sensors is bad. Does you car run bad at all? And I used OEM parts is there something wrong with those?

Cmtirado