TIMING BELT

1996 Dodge Intrepid

Does anyone know if the valves would be bent on a 1996 Intrepid 3.5 with 138,000 miles if cruising at 65 mph and the engine just cut's out because of the timing belt coming off? I believe it is the belt after talking to a few people, and also is it worth fixing. Any input would be appreciated.
Reegs37

We just finished one today runs great no problem
It was towed of the freeway
We changed the t belt +tensioner+
Water pump
If u r doing the job check the tensioner pulley
Good luck

BMRFIXIT
It was towed of the freeway
We changed the t belt +tensioner+
Water pump
Good luck[/quote:5845d08e23]

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/99387_dodge_1.jpg

BMRFIXIT
Thanks for the feedback, after I posted this I called Dodge and one of the mechanics told me that if the belt broke or popped of while driving, the valves would have been damaged. Is there any way to tell besides taking it apart and putting a new belt on to see if it cranks?

Reegs37
The one we did came on a tow truck of the high way
Its easy enough to put on new belt and try
Good luck

BMRFIXIT
Hey thanks for the input again, I went into the engine and found it was a broken tensioner pully, needless to say there were bearings and twisted steel fragments all over the place, I cleaned it out, replaced the tensioner pully and the car fired right up, never missing a beat, runs strong and smooth. Thanks again for giving me hope in the one you guys towed in off the highway.

Reegs37
Any time

BMRFIXIT