HELP! 01 - POWERSTEERING LEAKAGE!

2001 Dodge Durango

I have a 01 Dodge Durango that constantly is leaking Powersteering. I have to keep adding powersteering to just get by - since the repair is costly. I had it inspected and was given the cost estimation of $819.00. That is to repair the Rackandpinion pressure hose and the return hose. I was told that this was a defect on 2001 dodge durangos and that this has happened to a few people. Was wondering if anyone knew of this being a recall. I have searched and found nothing. I called up the dealership. The guy at Larry mIller dodge in arizona was vERY rude - but told me that there was no recall. If no one knows of any recalls. Would like to know if this is a common problem on anyone owning a dodge durango around the make year of 2000- 2003. Thanks.
Raquel77

I have a similar problem. I have a minor leak and my mechanic said it's the pwr steering pump. I looked into it and they're two diffrerent ones (17 mm or 18 mm). I would have to physically take it off to check I a sticker to see which one I need. VIN or engine type no help.

Jatoro78