BLEEDING BRAKES

1999 Dodge Durango

Brakes problem
1999 Dodge Durango V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

I just rebuilt my back brakes, drums, shoess and wheel cylinders. The back brakes were not working, and the shoes and drums were wore out, drivers side wheel cylinder was leaking.
So after I replaced everything, I went to bleed the brakes, but I got nothing to come out of bleeder valves, no air, no fluid. Starting at the master cylinder, I loosened the line connections, one at a time to check for fluid. I Had fluid at all connections in the engine compartment. I followed the line down the frame to a rubber line that goes to center of rear axle. I coulld not get that connection loose. Could that rubber line be clogged or something. What else could stop the fluid from getting to rear cylinders? Thank you for time.
Larc

I just went through the same exact thing on our durango! Wasnt getting fluid to rear brakes before the work and no brake fluid to rear after work done! I called my mechanic and he said to get in the durango and basically pretty hard kick the brake pedal down, dont hold it release it as quick as u kicked it! He said then try and bleed the brakes, if it doesnt work then repeat, something about kicking the pedal centers the cylinders! I did it twice and it worked! No problems since then!

Scottandglenda