WONT RUN PROPERLY IN RAIN

1987 Dodge Diplomat

I have a 1987 dodge dipolmat and awhile ago it started to have problems starting in the rain or even to stay running. You had to stay parked for 15 mins just so it wouldnt stall on you on the road. Before I had recieved the car it was my grandfathers and he didnt drive it much its low mileage 30,924km! And was kept in a garage most of the time. Any help is really appericated I really love this car and I would like to get it running again. Thank you for all your help
MIKEdiplomat

The distributor cap could be getting moisture in it. If it starts fine on dry days, then wait till then and start it if it starts then shut it off. Then get a spray bottle of water and spray the distributor cap with it. Will the car start, if not replace the distributor cap and rotor.

Runtich
My dad said when he had it for awhile that he had changed it 3 times before. He also said something about changing the ignition system. Any other thoughts. They're much appreciated

MIKEdiplomat
Hi: It sounds like the ignition wires is what you ment to say. Yes, they could give you problems when it rains.