NO SPARK AT THE IGNITION COIL

1988 Dodge Daytona

1988 Dodge Daytona 4 cyl Manual

hi. I have a 1988 dodge daytona shelby z 2.2 intercooled turbo that is having ignition problems. The engine will crank over but is not starting. I replaced the coil and it is a good coil however I am not getting battery voltage to both terminals. Thus no spark in primary or secondary windings while the engine is cranking. I took the plug from the distributor terminal as also tested for spark but nothing happened. I also tested the ASD relay and it tested good. Since the coil is not getting battery voltage should I check the wiring in the starting circuit? What else should I check? Any help at this time would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Daytonashelbyman76

Coil will get voltage from ASD relay for less than 2 seconds if key is turned on, but engine not cranked, so check for voltage while cranking.
Unplug the MAP sensor and see if it starts. It will throw a code 13 and/or 14 after this, but if it starts, you probably need a MAP sensor. One of the most common causes for a no start is the distributor pick up plate. They go bad a lot. There is a specified resistance for the pick up, but I don't have it in front of me. Sometimes if you wiggle the wires coming from the distributor while someone cranks it it will fire. That could tell you it has broken wires in it. It just lifts out after removing the cap.

Hondac