ENGINE PROBLEM

Dodge Dakota

Hey hows it goin? I have a 2001 dakota 4.7 v 8 I recently had the engine rebulit after driving soft for the first 5000 kms I was on the hwy one day crusing at 100 kms an hour I punched it to pass a car and it geared down to 2nd gear reving at about 4200 rpm the engine got very load almost sounding like vtech on a honda civic, it was back firing and boging out losing all power the truck runs perfectly fine between 500 rpm and 4500 rpm after 4500 rpm the problem starts again so I brought it in had it hooked up to a computer and had everyting from injectors to the ignition coils even all the sensors they were all working fine I cant seem to figure out the problem the mechanic said it could possibly be a timing issue do u think it could be? O by the way I got 2 o2 sensors that arnt working could that have anything to do with this problem?
Anth

[/quote: 48492698f7]

o by the way I got 2 o2 sensors that arnt working could that have anything to do with this problem.

Big time-How did you know the snitchers are bad.

You didn't mentioned anything about OBD2 code/s

Do you have a build-in scan tool on the dash-if so this is new to me in auto tech.

Get it scanned for code/s and comeback with it.

Thanx for the reply by snitches u mean the sensors right? Is so I got a superchips power programmer with a dtc reader when my engine light comes on the codes they give me are p0135 witch is 1/1 02 sensor heater failure and p0161 witch is 2/2 02 sensor heater failure

Anth
The codes you have are not HO2 heater circuits.

PO135/PO161-Oxygen Sensors

I know thats those codes are Oxygen Sensors thats all the codes that come up in my reader thats why I asked if my blown oxygen sensors might have something to do with the problem im having with this new engine

Anth
You need to change it and make sure its an OEM parts. Also run an inector cleaner thru the system.

Won't hurt to check fuel pressure-

Won't hurt to check fuel pressure-[/quote: 7e74e644c2]

thanks for all your help ill try it out and let u know if it worked thanks again

Anth