PROBLEMS

Dodge Dakota

2001 Dodge Dakota
4.7 L V8
99546 miles

I am having some issues with my dodge and cannot seem to figure out the problems. I am having a problem with rough running the longer I drive the vehicle and a sweet/gaseous smell coming from somewhere. My truck was throwing a p0175 error code. After I checked for vacuum leaks, replaced my tps, pcv, checked fuel lines and the map sensor I decided to change my o2. So I replaced the passenger side, before the cat, o2 sensor. When I pulled out the sensor it was carboned up pretty bad. Now my truck is throwing a p0051 error code (the heater sensor on the o2 sensor) on the one I replaced. I had put in a Bosch o2 and a dealership told me that I needed the original chrysler o2 and everything would run just perfect. I am skeptical. I am going to replace the o2 sensor but I think that there is something else wrong because I am still getting that smell.
Liveforsomething

Usually if it is a heater code, it is the sensor. Has the truck ever been tuned up? If so did you use factory parts? The original code was rich bk2 sensor 1.

Jack42
I am sorry the original code was a p0174. I realized this after your reply. I recently put in new spark plugs along with everything else that I previously mentioned but other than that it has nothing else done. I will replace the o2 sensor with a chrysler one if I can.

Liveforsomething
What brand of parts did you use?

Jack42
I used champion spark plugs and a bosch o2 sensor. The tps and pvc are the standard ones sold at autozone and oreillys autoparts.

Liveforsomething
JUst wanted to be sure you didnt use Bosch Platinum plugs. The worst

Jack42