4 WHEEL DRIVE

2002 Dodge Dakota

Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2002 Dodge Dakota 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 167000 miles

I have a problem with my 4 wheel drive. It turns on with a switch on the dashboard. I am not getting any lights on 2 wheel or 4 wheel at the switch and the 4 wheel is not engageing. I checked for a fuse problem but didn't find a problem. Any help would be most appreciated.

Andrew
Andrewhn1

Andrew: Check to see if you are getting power to the actuator on the transfer case. Let me know what you find.

Hi Joe you answered my question about my 4 wd problem with my dodge. You asked me if I had power to the actuator. I just got the chance to check it and I do not have power going to it. Any advice would help.

Andrew

Andrewhn1
Hi: If there is no power there, you have to work backwards. Check to see if there is power to the switch. Also, under the hood is a power distribution box. I believe there is either a relay or fuse in there for the actuator. Check that and make sure power is getting to it.

Let me know what you find.