OVERDRIVE

2000 Dodge Dakota

2000 Dodge Dakota V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 60600 miles

I have a 2000 Dodge Dakota 4.7 V8 4x4, at 60 plus mph with the truck in overdrive, it seems as though the truck is slipping in and out of OD and picking up several hundred rpm for about a second or 2 then it will run normal again.

it will do this more when i'm going up hills or staying at a constant speed, I have clicked off the OD and the problem still pursists.

I do have a check engine light for a left bank o2 sensor, and my muffler needs to be replaced (which I think is causing the check engine light)

thanks for your help.
Leadtech

It's not just a coincidence that the rear o2 sensor and overdrive solenoid are on the same transmission subharness as the other sensors used as a vehicle speed reference by all the computers. While replacing your o2 sensor, be sure to check the grounds and wiring for all the other local information sensors. The vehicle speed sensor, the input and output sensors and the overdrive solenoid all are on the same body transmission sub-wiring harness.
If you need any help with identification or power, ground, or reference signal locations, just ask, or see the site's index or service manuals available by 2carpros. Com. I'm not going anywhere either. OK sir or Madam Just let me know if you need anything. I am a fan and technician for all the great Dakotas.

Ch112063