MY STALLS

1990 Dodge Dakota

1990 Dodge Dakota 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 200000 miles

my dodge dakota stalls only when I decelerate. I can start it ok idles ok and it idles smooth. Just when I stop at a stop light or stop sign or slow down to turn into someplace it stalls. It is a 3.9 L fuel injected motor. The injectors have recently been replaced.
Billd1057

If it is stalling remember that idle speeds are determined by the idle speed motor and the amount of air that passes throught the throttle body when the throttle blade is closed(gas pedal released). There may be dirt in the throttle body or there may be a problem with the idle speed motor sticking, both can be cleaned. If you turn the ignition key to on, then off, on, off, on you'll see the 'check engine' light flash codes, this is something you can do yourself and is fairly accurate for checking for hard fault codes for that model year. There may be a code present.
The key procedure should be done within 5 seconds. As many times as you want.
The idle speed motor is called an IAC motor and the code for it is code 25.
This is two short flashes followed by 5 short flashes. Look for codes 15(speed sensor), code 21(o2 sensor), code 24(throttle position sensor-TPS), or 25. A 55 signals the end of the diagnostics. Ok? If the injectors were just replaced recently, it really should be re-checked.

Ch112063