Dodge Colt

For starters, my car is a 1992 dodge colt with a 1.5 litre, 4-speed trans, 187,000 miles.

Bought it a couple days ago, and now stuck figuring out the problem of starting the engine when it's been sitting or cold outside.
Description: Turn the engine over and over in the morning. Takes about 15-20 turns for it to start running. From there, it runs a few seconds and dies. Do this a few more times and maybe the engine runs on a low idle. I can't touch the accelerator or it dies. But after I get it running and it warms up, the engine runs smoothly with no problems. I don't understand why it has such a hard time starting when the engine's cold. Is there an auto-choke device on these fuel-injected engines? I can spot the TPS module outside the throttle body, but I don't know what the other two modules around the TB are for. Is there a problem with the fuel pump? I've heard they're mechanical, and if so, is there a priming problem?

I may mention, also, that the check engine light is on. I have tried to get it to spit codes, and I believe I found the self-diagnostic port to which I ran a jumper between the two connections, but it won't flash any codes yet.

Check the coolant temperature sensor, then the idle air control valve, throttle positon sensor-and do a fuel pressure check.