BURNING RUBBER SMELL

2006 Dodge Caravan

Other Category problem
2006 Dodge Caravan V6 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 18,200 miles

I drove only 5 minutes to pick up my friend and she said your car smells like burning rubber. The smell was not coming from the inside, I did not smell until she opened the door. The smell was not coming from the engine either. We walked halfway to the back of the car and the smell got stronger. My rear defrost was on. Could it over heat and make that smell? Or is it probably something rubbing a back tire? Thank You
Lonann

Hi, I have the same problem. Burning rubber smell coming from outside the vehicle after a short trip. I can't clearly define the location, rear or front. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the water pump (under warrantee), and they replaced the rotors and pads (not under warrantee, they said they were down to 10%). I drove it home from the shop and the same problem occurs. Of course I will be calling the dealer, but any insight anyone has would be appreciated. I think it may have started when I had " Michelin X-Ice" tires and new rims put on for the winter.

Zcarproz