GRAND SPEEDOMETER DOESN'T WORK...AGAIN

2001 Dodge Caravan

2001 dodge grand caravan 75,000 miles. We had a problem about 6 mo ago when our speedometer bounced back and forth and then spun all the way around to the right (clockwise) and stayed there. When the van is started it tries to go clockwise but is stopped by the pin? From moving further. After about a month it bounced again and then went all the way to the left (counter-clock) and was working fine until the other day when it spun to the right again. I've tried resetting the computer by disconnecting the battery for 5 min. But it doesn't help. All the other guages work fine. Thanks for the help.
Mmathesen

There is a self test to find this.
With the ignition off, depress the " trip odometer reset button". Hold it until Sof and a number comes up. That is the current software version. Then release the button and it will give a DTC. This code number is what I need. It will be 400.1 or 200.6 etc.
This self test may make it work again.

Yeah I have had the exact same problem. I had a friend have his friend who specialized in replacing the motors in the back of the needles on the instrument cluster. It was cheaper then buying a new instrument cluster. Thats the only thing you can do. And the other thing causing this maybe the ground somewhere I was also told when they were checking and fixing this problem. Well good luck

Dae