REPLACING THE REAR BRAKES

2001 Dodge Caravan

Brakes problem
2001 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic n/a miles

Ok, I recent had to replace my front brake witch is done now but the mechanic refused to replace the back ones.

I have done them before, so I went down and bought new pads and also to be on the safe side new inner parts as well as updated tools.

My Q is, is should I know anything before I start, or is there an online diagram I can printout so I can get them in 100% winter is almost here.

The mechanic said it was a lot more complicated then my truck and reffered me to this guy who wants 600 bucks to install um, I said no that's to high I believe.
FYIGeek

Need to know if you have dic or drum in the rear?

Merlin2021
It has drums in the back, I was just doing to update this topic I found a video of a dodge mec. Replacing the brakes it looks the same to me idk why that guys wanted so much.

But should I also replace the brake clynder/whatever it's called it is old.

FYIGeek
I would, it's called the wheel cylinder and Autozone sells them for under 20.00 each, replace both! You may find getting the drums off, is the hardest part, then the " C" clip on the shoe may need to be replaced due to rust.

Merlin2021
Lol " You may find getting the drums off, is the hardest part" usually is.

I was felling that replacing bolth would be safer I just hate bleeding it it's a pain for me.

But thanks for the help I will go get it started.
Looks like I have to wait the cylinders are on order 12 bucks aint bad lol thanks for your time.

FYIGeek
After you get the shoes back on, just open the bleeders until they drip, it's called gravity bleeding and works well.

Merlin2021