3.3 L

2000 Dodge Caravan

2000 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 175000 miles

the issues I am having

Leaking oil think from rear eng

Lossing collant no puddles

Ticking from engine

Please help I love this van

Gerald
Wolfman007

Hi Gerald,

The Oil Leak - is it wet with oil around the valve covers or is it lower? Describe were it looks the wetest with oil.

The Coolant - is there an excessive amount of white smoke or steam coming from exhaust? If so you could have a blown head gasket.

Can you smell coolant in the passenger compartment? If so check floor board on passenger side if wet with coolant possibly bad heater core.

Ticking in Engine - could be the Hydrolic Lifter or Lifters, Try heavier oil.

.

Obxautomedic
Hello

I took to local mech and

Oil issue Valve Covers need new seals

Head Gasket is starting to go

qoute was around 3000 to repair all

Is it worth it to fix?

Gerald

Wolfman007
What h say about the Ticking?

Did he say if he would have head checked, making sure the valves springs and valves were withing specs and replace valve seals. If so then price sound good.

I don't do head gaskets without checking the head out replacing at least the valve seals.

And as far as if I think it is worth it, well, I honestly cannot say. However, if the vehicle is in good shape cosmetically, you have kept up the maintenence schredule and the engine has been running good with minor repairs and this is the only major work you have had to get done. Then the question would be to you as to if it is worth it.

.

Obxautomedic