TIMING CHAIN REPLACEMENT

1994 Dodge Caravan

1994 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 170223 miles

I need a diagram, for reassurance, to replace the timing chain on my 94 Dodge caravan 3.3 V.6, I've got it torn down, but am hesitant to put it back together without the knowledge of where the timing marks should be. The T/Chain is still intact, and I guess I can mark the chain, Pulley, and shaft, but I would still like to have that lil'-bit-o-help. My email is;

pappy1958@aol. Com

Thanks, David Wendling
Pappy1958

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/416332_1994_dodge_caravan_3_1.jpg

TIMING CHAIN INSTALLATION

Position a new crankshaft sprocket on the shaft, install sprocket with suitable tool and mallet. Be sure sprocket is seated into position.
Rotate crankshaft so the timing arrow is to the 12 o'clock position.
Place timing chain around camshaft sprocket and place the timing mark to the 6 o'clock position.
Align the dark colored links with the dot on the camshaft sprocket, place timing chain around crankshaft sprocket with the dark colored link lined up with the dot on the sprocket and install camshaft sprocket into position.
Fig. 49 Alignment Of Timing Marks

Using straight edge to check alignment of timing marks Fig. 49 .
Install camshaft bolt and washer. Tighten to 54 Nm (40 ft. lbs.) .
Rotate crankshaft 2 revolutions. Timing marks should line up. If timing marks do not line up remove cam sprocket and realign.

There you go.