RATTLE

1993 Dodge Caravan

Noises problem
1993 Dodge Caravan 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

1993 caravan.
running over bumps and curb I hear a rattle typ noise from front. I can rock the car left to right while on the ground and get a similar clunk.

In the air everything seems tight.

By myself: (

holding on to the tie rod end and rocking a bit I seem to feel something. Could the inner tie rod end(s) be bad?

Time for something new.
Allthebetter

These were more ocmmon for stabilzer links that can be checked by the grab and shake method and would be more consistent with the manual shaking you did.

I went back out and did the old metal bar on the ear while my wife shook the wheel (it made a slight noise under that condition also) and it sure seems to be comming from the left inner tie rod end.

I had a couple of racks out years ago. Is there any way to replace the inner joint on this one without removing the rack?

Air dont work either (got the pump gas and tools. Just getting too old LOL)

I'm lookin at a Fusion. : )

Allthebetter
Yeah the inner is replaceable, get it aftermarket if you decide to.

Fusion is a nice car so my brother-in-law says. But everything he buys is much nicer than mine : roll: His point and shoot is better than my DSL camera because blah. Blah. Blah. : Lol: