DODGE CARAVAN FUEL PRESSURE PROBLEM

1988 Dodge Caravan

Need help again. I got my van up and going after I replaced the fuel pressure regulator. It was running fine for about 2 weeks, then all of a sudden with out warning It died at stop sign. It acted like it was out of fuel. Got it going long enough to get it back to the house. I checked to see if I had spark, I checked to make sure the fuel filter was not blocked. I confirmed that the fuel pump is engaging and pumping gas through the filter. I sprayed carb. Cleaner into the air plenum. And the van starts right up. So does anyone have any other ideas to check on?

thanks,

Kyle
Redhead36

Is the fuel pressure in spec?

I have not check that. Which is the best way to check the pressure?

Redhead36
You need a fuel pressure gauge that can be hooked up to the fuel port. There is a " small tire valve" looking valve that is in the fuel line in the engine compartment. The pressure on these are ctitical to be in spec.

OK, I will check into that. Now, even thou the van will not start. Will I be able to get a reading on the gauge?

Redhead36
I tried to find the spec for it in this situation, but the info I have says you need a scanner to command the pump on. I don't know that by cranking the motor that the spec may be produced or not.

My logic is this, You're get it to run with carb cleaner, so we know fuel is lacking, you can see fuel coming out the filter when cranking. The only thing I see left is that the pressure is not high enough, which pretty much comes down to a restricted filter or bad fuel pump.

By any chance, could I have injectors that are bad or blocked from the vehicle sitting for a while? So even thou the pump is pumping fuel, it might not be sending enough fuel. Is this correct? And I can blow through the filter.

Thanks,

Kyle

Redhead36
That is what I suspect.