REMOVING REAR ROTORS ON VAN

2005 Chrysler Town and Country

Brakes problem
2005 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110, 00 miles

How do I remove the rear rotors? I have everything else off. An illustration wold be excellent also. Thanks.
Bigaldowell

Hey Al! Is the park brake off? I know that sounds stupid, but I have to ask. Make sure the retainers clips are off the studs, and if the rotor feels stuck, use a deadblow hammer and very evenly tap the backside of the rotor. If thery are rusted on the hub, then they may have to be sacrificed.

Once you put the brakes back together, make sure the surface on the hub that meets the backside of the rotor is clean and free of rust or debris. If you need anything else, please ask.

Scotty Dee
Yes, parking brake is off and clips are off. It seems to def. Be rusted on. Have been banging on the backside with a sledgehammer with no budge. Have new rotors to put on, so no problem sacrificing the rotors. They are not moving at all. Is there a tool or trick to get the rust off? That is where I'm stuck.

Bigaldowell
OKay then, lets try this. We're gonna use some penetrating oil and a hand held torch. Propane canister with an ignitor screwed on to it. Douce the center of the frontside of the rotor, and around the stud openings. Heat up the center of the rotor, and work at it that way.

I have had some so rusted I had to cut them off like slicing a pizza with a saws all. Keep me posted.

Scotty Dee
Thats a good idea. I will keep ya posted. Thanks!

Bigaldowell
We appreciate your donation and look forward to helping you in the future. Thank you

2CarPros Linsey