AIR CONDITIONING NOT WORKING

2005 Chrysler Town and Country

Air Conditioning problem
2005 Chrysler Town and Country 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 54000 miles

The air conditioner in my 2005 Chrysler T& C will not blow cold air. I have confirmed that the fuse is not blow and switched out the horn and A/C relay to confirm that it is good. The blower also appears to be working. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Mysquirt

Check if it has freon the clutch will not engage the compressor if its non existenche-could also be a pressure switch problem

OK I stopped at Advanced and purchased a charging kit as the compressor was not engaging. I hooked up the guage and it read no pressure of course. Started charging system until compressor came on but would only hold about 15 psi. Got it up to 25 psi. When I turned off air conditioner pressure guage jumped up to 100+ psi (is this normal?). Turned compressor back on and psi dropped back down to 25 psi so I called it an evening. Shut off car and hissing noise coming from back of car so I proceeded to take a look an it appears as if it is coming from where the rear compressor lines enter the back of the vehicle for the rear on the passenger side. Obviously this most likely should not be hissing. Is it possible that there is too much pressure in the line even though it is only reading 25 psi when the unit is on? Ambient Temperature is about 70 degrees so can says I should be at 35-40 psi. Could there be something clogged in the line at the rear of the vehicle? Is there an easy way to bypass the rear lines to see if I can get the front to work thus identifying the problem? Thanks, Vince

Mysquirt
Vince, I read your note and have the exact same problem/experience with my 2001 T& C. Did you ever get a response? I charged my system with 2 cans of R134a and it gave me one cool ride to the store, then went hot again. Thats when I noticed the hissing noise from the rear ac module.

Rsager72