HEATER SYSTEM NOT WORKING PROPERLY

2000 Chrysler Sebring

Heater problem
2000 Chrysler Sebring 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

Hi guys. I have problems with my vehicle's heater and can't afford to take it to a shop. The ac started working only on high, and I thought it was because of a defective control unit. Replaced that and nothing changed. Next I learned through an online forum that a faulty resistor could be the cause. I replaced the resistor and now the ac blows air at normal speeds, but it blows cold air. I warmed up the car but no heat is being blown and I'm freezing. This is Florida and I shouldn't be complaining about cold weather, but believe it or not, we even had snow, yes, snow this morning. I hope you guys can suggest other things I may be able to try to solve my problem. Thank you and God bless.
Juniorares

First of all, never remove and replace parts in hopes of hitting the jack pot. This never works and only costs you money that could've been spent with a mechanic.

The most common causes of " No heat" are a clogged heater core, a coolant leak, a faulty shut off valve (heater control valve), collapsed or swollen heater hose, or an engine problem that does not allow the water pump to circulate coolant through the heater core. (Air bubbles in the system)

If you're familiar with some basic hand tools, and know your way around an engine compartment, start by eliminating each of these causes on at a time.

I strongly suggest you purchase an on-line repair manual specifically for you vehicle. ($25.00 for a year subscription)

This will give you detailed repair and testing procedures, and will come in handy the next time a problem arises. (Problems always arise)

Ernest Clark