ENGINE LIGHT ON

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 49500 miles

On my way to work this morning I was pulling away from a red light and when I gave my car gas it kind of bogged down and the check engine light came on. Now everyone I talk to says fuel pump but I took the car to Auto Zone and it read this code P0138 which the guy said could be the following problems: Oxygen sensor defective, fuel system running very rich or lead-check other codes first, Engine misfire condition-repair (know its not that), Fuel pressure very high or low fuel pump or pressure regulator. I just would like some clairification as to what you guys consider the problem cause I don't have enough to pay a $100 diagnostic fee plus get the part and install it myself
Jacobmatt

Hi there,

This is related to the 02 sensor, you will need to get the wiring checked as feel that this is a pre heated type sensor and this may not be working.

Mhpautos
So should I just replace the sensor or do I have to have the wiring checked?

Jacobmatt
You should really get the wiring checked first, just to be sure.

Mark

Mhpautos