OIL LIGHT COMES ON WHEN I AM STOP

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Computer problem
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4 cyl Automatic 150000 miles

Well This started happening 2 weeks ago, I got my oil pan changed. I've noticed that after i've driven my car for a while, a good 20 mins, when I come to a stop (it doesn't have to be a complete stop I just have to be close to a complete stop), the oil light comes on. However, it goes on and off while i'm at a stop, and goes off completely when I drive. It's pretty annoying to hear the " ding" each time I stop, and while I stop it goes off and goes " ding" again. I've tried driving my car putting in on neutral and letting the car float before I come to a stop, and the light doesn't come on. Can someone please help me.
Gurl18k

You need to stop driving your car until you have this issue fixed.

Whoever changed your oil pan may have filled your oil level improperly. Also, they could've bent the oil pick up and it is either too close to the bottom of the pan, or too far away.

Either way, if your engine is being starved for oil, this will kill your engine, and soon!

Take your car back to the people who changed the oil pan and see if they'll resolve your issue. If they're honest, they'll do this for free if it was their fault.

Ernest Clark
I called firestone today and they told me to bring it in, they reasured me that will resolve the issue and change the oil pick, so hopefully all goes well. Thanks. I will post the results after this visit.

Gurl18k
No problem. I'm glad to help with any problem you may have.

And if you ever run into any mechanics who you believe are trying to screw you, don't hesitate to write in and I'll give you a heads-up on what's right and what's wrong.

Ernest Clark