2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser

Suspension problem
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

I was replacing the bushing on the drivers side so I had the control arm out of the car and noticed that the ball joint was worn out how does it come out is there a snap ring that has to come out or can I just throw it in my press
January 30, 2009.

Remove steering knuckle. Pry off dust seal. Position Receiving Cup (6758) to support lower control arm while removing ball joint. Position Remover/Installer (6804) over stud and against ball joint upper housing. Using press, press down against ball joint upper housing to remove ball joint from control arm.
1.Position NEW ball joint housing into lower control arm bore with clamp bolt notch facing front bushing. Position ball joint and control arm in press with Receiving Cup (6908-2) supporting control arm. Position Remover/Installer (6804) over ball joint stud and against bottom body of ball joint. Align and press ball joint until ball joint is fully seated against bottom of control arm bore. 2.Position NEW seal over stud and housing as far as possible. Position Receiving Cup (6758) over seal boot, and press seal by hand squarely onto joint housing until seal seats against control arm.

Jan 30, 2009.