WHAT IS TDC FOR A LEBARON 3.0L

1993 Chrysler Other

I just finished replacing the head gasket in my car and am having trouble getting the timing correct. I did mark the dist. When I pulled it but I ended up having to reset the timing belt. How do I get the thing set so I can start it and then refine the timing. Yes I do have a timing light, but that doesn't help if it won't start.
Zuglet

Anyways, pull the number one plug out. Take a screwdriver with a long handle and measure how deep the piston is and mark the screw driver with elect tape or what ever. bump the starter, recheck and remark if it came up higher. Continue this until the piston drops. you should have a good idea of where the highest point is by the lowest point on the screwdriver. To fine tune it, you can manually spin the motor over with a socket and a breaker bar on the crank.

Once you have it there, check your rotor position.

The closest point to the tip of the screwdriver, yeilds the highest point of the piston.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_30961_tdc_1_1.jpg

I'm trying to find out the position of the distributor. Like an idiot, I just marked the location of the dist. The motor wasn't at TDC when I marked it. I have no problem getting the engine to center, it's the distributor that I am having trouble with.

Zuglet
If you have the #1 cylinder at TDC, Then insert the distributor so that the rotor is pointing to to #1 cylinder clock position in relationship to the cap.

Thanks. Brain cramp.

Zuglet
I have them on an hourly basis : lol: