2.7 ENGINE

Chrysler Other

I always hear the bad things about the 2.7 and the sludge problem. (After I bought one).

Even read stories about those who changed the oil with synthetic every 3,000 miles and they still had a ruined engine anywhere from 50,000 to 65,000 miles.

Does anyone know of a 2.7 engine that lasted 100,000 + miles without it shucking out?

If so, what was their oil changing routine.

I have read that Chrysler corrected the sludge problem with the 2003 and newer engines. However, there are websites that say the problem still exists. Mine is a 2004.

Any info. Would be appreciated.
Bernsax

They may have fixed the problem now, ive seen some of the 2.7 go over 100k, what ive noticed and have been told by Chrysler reps is they had two castings they were using for the blocks, which the block is actually the beginning of the sludge deal but even with routine oil changes those certain blocks which I was told was a very large number would breed sludge, the company is still being sued autosafety. Org just keep your eye on things

CHEVYII
Thanks for the reply.

The mechanic I visited with suggested using Amsoil engine flush periodically at oil changes. Would you advise this?

There are other engine flushes on the market. Would you recommend any of them?

Bernsax
No I have to say I dont trust anything in the crank case except oil

thanks

CHEVYII
I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring LXi 2.7L 6cyl with 120,000 miles. I change the oil every 3000 miles with Castrol 10-40. Okay I admit, sometimes I have gone a little over to about 4000 miles between oil changes.

Texasmoon39
Doesnt your car take 10-30?

CHEVYII