TIMING

1995 Chrysler LHS

1995 Chrysler LHS 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 95,000 miles

I was driving my car one day and it just shut down on me, I thought it was that I ran out of gas but I put more it there and it still would no start it does turn over wen you turn the key but it just will not start, it did one time we were trying but it shut right back off, it did run out of gas 3 timies b4, I tried using starter fluid it still would not start I was wondering could it possibly be that my timing jumped. Will it still crank if you timing is off?
Eazysc19

Yes, it will crank if the timing is off but they use timing chains so jumping a tooth isn't real likely. You need to check for fuel pressure AND for spark. If either one is missing, troubleshoot that system. More likely both will be missing in which case the Automatic Shutdown (ASD) relay isn't turning on. The engine computer turns that relay on when it sees engine rotation, (cranking or running). It knows that by the pulses from the camshaft and crankshaft position sensors. The camshaft position sensor is the most likely suspect on the 3.5L engine. It's right on top, in the middle, way up front.