2.7L V6 ENGINE PROBLEM/TIMING ISSUE.

2004 Chrysler Sebring • 75,000 miles

The timing chain was just replaced with a new tensioner on a 2.7l v6 Chrysler Sebring Convertible. The engine was turned over after the tensioner was set and the timing marks lined back up after aprox 5 or 6 revolutions of the engine turned by hand from the crank shaft. The car will crank and start if the gas pedal is held to the floor but it will not idle. If the engine is allowed to go below around 2000 rpm it will just sputter out and die. The battery was disconnected for about a week and there are no trouble codes. I have tested all injectors with a scan tool and they all work fine. I can see the rpm with the scan tool so the camshaft position sensor seems to be working. What could be the possible problems?
Zx10234

Check your fuel pressure this is not a very good engine it may be out of time if it is it could have bent the valves. ^^YOU NEED TO APPLY PRESSURE TO THE TENSIONER TO ACTUATE IT, IT NEEDS TO BE PUSHED IN TO RELEASE THE LOCK SO IT CAN COME OUT AND TENSION. I USUALLY USE A SCREWDRIVER AND APPLY PRESSURE TO THE GUIDE, THE TENSIONER RIDES ON. This may be the cause check compression for bent valves.

The tensioner was pushed in and released to take up the slack from the chain. I will have to do a leak down test to see if the valves are leaking, hope not. Thanks for the reply.

Zx10234