ELECTRICAL PROBLEM

Chevrolet Truck

Good morning, I have a 1999 k1500 extended cab chevy truck. It has 47K miles with a small v8 motor. A few days ago, my drivers side electric window would not go down. Passenger side was ok. The next morning the trouble was gone. Both window were ok. Yesterday, I was driving home and it started to rain lightly. My wind shield wipers would not turn on! Both windows worked ok. I stopped at a store, for 10 minutes, started up again and the wipers were ok! What would cause these intermitent problems?
The Phone Guy

You may actually have two things going on. First the power window motors have an internal circuit breaker, if they trip they must cool off before they operate again! The second is the multifunction switch may be on the fritz!

Merlin2021
Thanks for the reply Merlin2021. Because both problem happened two days apart, I assumed they were related. The power for the electric windows must go though the igntion switch or I would be able to open and close the windows at any time. The same for the wipers. When I noticed that the window would not work, I had just started the truck after sitting for eight hours. The same when the windshield wipers would not turn on. It it possible that the igntion switch has a intermitent open?

The Phone Guy