CHEVY CAVALIER SERPENTINE BELT REPLACEMENT

1995 Chevrolet Truck

Make: Chevrolet
Model: Cavalier
Year: 1995
Mileage: 165000

I have a new serpentine belt to install. I followed
the pattern but can't get the belt over the alternator pulley. I looked for a square hole on the idler pulley but could only see a round one in the center of the pully. I tried inserting various tools like socket wrench drive end, scredriver, allen wrench, to make enough slack to get the belt over the pully but the idler pulley just turns, it doesn't seem to lift or slide. What should happen here and how do I get this belt on? Is there a diagram that shows the idler pully?
Ront3242

The ribbed pulleys have a large outer lip that may be stopping you. Try installing the belt on all grooved pulleys first then slide the bely onto the idler that is smooth( no outer lip)

Jack42
I tried to get the belt over the smooth pulley. It's just too tight to pull. There is'nt much room there either. Is there no way to loosten the pullyes to like the old tension bars. This seems very simple to do but is not because I can't loosen and tighten the pulleys. I've checked the belt to make sure I have the right size. What else should I try.

Ront3242
Is the belt the Exact same size. If not maybe the very next longer

Jack42