CHEVY

2001 Chevrolet Tracker

2001 Chevy Tracker 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

My problem is, when you travel a distance, or if you have to idle in a drive-thur and then go to take off it will start to miss and quit. It is very hard to get back started, if you keep trying it will backfire thur the air filter and stink, then if you get it to start it will miss and sputer and slowly start to run right. If you have the time you can let it sit for about 20 minutes and it will start back fine. We have done replaced the starter and the o2 sensor. I hope you can help me. Thank you for your time.
Lanier

Disconnect the idle air module and take it for a drive.

Does this cure the problem?

The module could be bad a common problem.

Have you ever replaced the spark plugs or plug wires?

Blackop555
Yes, we have changed the plugs. My tracker does not have spark plug wires, they said it has spark plug sensors.

Lanier
Could be the fuel pressure lacking. Your going to have to get it to die at home and when it wont start check the pressure and check for spark.

Blackop555
I have a 2001 Tracker and mine does about the same as Lanier's tracker but mine stalls out after sitting at a idle for a few minutes, if I try to start it right away sometimes it starts and sometimes it don't, but when it starts it pops and sputters and smells like rotten eggs, won't run right or keep running unless I play with gas. But if I keep truck off for about 5 minutes it starts ok and runs like nothing happened. Been told to replace thermostate(waiting for one to come in after ordering one) and clean the Trottle Body housing with trottle body cleaner which can be all black inside(which I did) but same thing still happens to truck. Any suggestions?

Rockyd57