HEATED SEATS

2003 Chevrolet Tahoe

2003 Chevy Tahoe, 42k 5.3L

The heated seat on the driver side recently quit working. When the buttons are pressed on the door, the lights come on momentarily then there's a click from a black box under the seat and it shuts off. I also noticed that the passenger seat works, til you press the driver side and everything shuts off. Does have something to do with the 'black box' under the driver's seat. What is the box called? Is this common? Any and all info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

-Opie
Tim Opiekun

I have the exact same problem with a 2003 chevy silverado LT I have not been able figure any thing out. I have checked all fuses and everything looks good. If you find out any thing please let me know.
K. Anderson.74@hotmail. Com

Kevstunner
I have a 1999 Tahoe with 98,000 KM on the clock.
The drivers side seat heater no longer functions in either med or high. The passenger side still works, the fuses and the switch check out OK. The seatbelt warning still works as do all the power movement switches.
Does anyone know how the safety cutoff works? Is it a "squat" switch that detects weight in the seat or off the seatbelt warning.
In 1999 the switch for the seat heat is on the lower outboard side of the seat, not in the door as with newer models.
Any ideas??
.....Canamatt

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/126694_TAH3_1.jpg

Canamatt
I have the same problem with mine. Last year at about 75,000 my driver side heated seat stopped working, all other power seat and lumbar swithches work perfect. My passenger side heater works fine too. Ive checked the fuses and they all seem fine. Ive read where this has been a problem in other Tahoe's. Any suggestions or fixes?
Please respond to reedp79@yahoo. Com

Reedp79