CHEVY

2001 Chevrolet Tahoe

Other Category problem
2001 Chevy Tahoe V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

I have 2001 tahoe a noise is cumming from the front around the waterpump. At first you could only hear when first start the car for around 1 min. Or so. We had the replace and at first the noise went away. The next day the noise came back. Then there replace the belt tenser(sp) and the noisr came back. The water pump fan is tight and water leaks and it not running hot. Please help
Larrylancaster

Did you mean the water leaks now, even after you changed the pump? If it is leaking, where is it coming from? Or where is it dripping on the ground when the tahoe is parked? Take the serpentine belt off and check the following--There is also an idler pulley that the serpentine belt runs around. Check it for any sign of wear, especialy surface cracks. Check the air conditioner clutch pulley, if it has air of course. Check the powersteering pump for a bad pulley. While your at it you mine-as-well replace the serpentine belt it self. 100000 miles is an unusually long life for this belt. Let me know what you find. BTW- loosening and replacing the serpentine belt is not a difficult task. If you don't know how to do this, obtain a repair manual like a Haynes repair manual. This can save you a lot of money, and the fact that you did it yourself will reward you much more than money ever can---that's my opinion of course--- merry christmas

Pear69