WATER PUMP PROBLEM ON Z71

2002 Chevrolet Suburban

I have a 2002 Z71 Suburban 5.3 engine, 75k miles, auto trans. My water pump went out at 60k miles. I replaced it last year at the dealer's service dept. Within 8 months, my sub started leaking coolant. I took it back to them, they pressure tested the water pump and found it to be defective. They replaced the water pump for free since it was under warranty. Now, 2 months later it's leaking again. Other than leaking, the sub runs fine. Since this pump is still under warranty, I want to take it back to the dealer to be serviced but is there anything else I should have them check?
Cgomez

Well my freind it may seem to you that you're having a string of bad luck ( and I hope it's just that) a string of bad luck, or should I say good luck--Ya think I'm nuts don't you---let me explain---These engines all too often have coolant leaks and the most common coolant leak is the dreaded LOWER INTAKE MANIFOLD LEAK! AHHHHHHH. This is a rather pricey repair if you have to pay a mechanic to do it. However if you are mechanicly inclined and have some knowledge of car repair and have a lot of patience and about 2 or 3 days, you can do it yourself.
So consider yourself to be lucky to be unlucky? &Quot; maybe I am nuts" Good luck (lol) let me know how you make out and if I can help I will do my best.

This site runs on small or large donations, please try to make one Thanks

Pear69