CHEVY ABRUPT POWER OUT

2002 Chevrolet Suburban

2002 Chevy Suburban V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

Usually in my burb when I park and turn the ignition off, the radio will still play until I open the door.
For the past two days, when I would turn off the engine, there would be a pop sound like pulling the plug on a stereo, that I hear in the speakers and everything goes dard - no radio, clock and the usual info center orange LED paned would say security - but now completely black. I put the key back in and it starts just fine.
Went to Autozone and there are no bad diodes in the alternator and the battery (1 year old) is still strong.
I appreciate insights into sorting this out.
THanks
Drnesting

This morning the burb fired right up, but I had to go back in the house. I turned the key off, and bango - everything is black.
No power at all - No dome lights, door locks, even the underhood light wont come on - but with a volt meter the battery is still at 12.4 volts, and it started the vehicle just fine 30 seconds earlier!

I went fuse by fuse, with an ohm - meter and all seems OK there?
Please Help!

Drnesting
Hi drnesting,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

From the descripption of the problem, it could possibly be a poor contact disrupting the power supply.

I would suggest disconnecting the battery terminals and cleaning them before reinstallation to recheck. Sometimes contaminations or slcak in the terminals connections would cause the problem.