98 CRANK SENSOR ...................... CODE P1345

Chevrolet Silverado

Code P1345

1 98 Chevy Silverado Truck
2 156,000
3 Auto
4 4X4
5 won't Idle, runs very ruff
6 None
7 Replaced Moter

Additional information:

New 350 moter.

Book sead this could be the crank or the cam sensor. I was told it had no cam sensor?
The moter will not time, if I change the poition of the distributer the computer compansates for it.

My Question is this:
When I put the Harmonic Balancer on I had a kit of parts that came with the moter and there was a sleave that came with the new Balancer and it this parts kit. It fit over the crank shaft and I knocked it into the timing chain cover.
Is this part interfearing with the Crank Sensor reading?
Could it have damaged the sensor itsalf?
Should it not be there?
Or do I just nead to get a new Crank Sensor?

Thanks Dave
BAGoldPanner

It does have a Cam sensor. It is in the distributor. It is a hall effects senor that works off the ring in the distributor. I would check and make sure that the distriuter is properly installed. If it is one tooth off it will set the light. Also if it set incorrectly you will not be able to get it in time. The distributor is supposed to be set to Zero and the computer adjusts all the timing. If the readings from the Crankshaft sensor and the Camshaft sensor are not corasponding the code will set. I would say that it has to be something with the way you have that distributor in there.

Cly

Cly
I'll check it again but I thought the same thing and have installed the distributer 3 times now.

BAGoldPanner
Well I went throught pulling the Distributer and seting TDC again. Same thing.

BAGoldPanner
Only thing that I can think of is that the distributor must be bad. Make sure the rotor fits on the distributor nice and tight. If that looks ok I would say to replace the distrbutor.

Cly

Cly
Any Chevy on OBD2 any change of balancer, in & out of a distributor, change of engine will require a crank relearn that is synn by using a factory or equivalent capable scanner. Get a real chevy manual and read the crank relearn procedure. Thats y u are getting a crank code.

Kin chan
It is setting a P1335. If it was just the relearn issue then it would set a P1336 for the cam sensor variation not being relearned. I still think it something to do with that distributor being bad and that it needs to be set on zero after it is replaced.

Cly

Cly
New motor & harmonic balancer installed. No relearn has perform. What's wrong with this picture. Y should what code suppose to come up so important. Issue is what is the computer seeing on the crank corresponding with the cam. Is it 0 deg or what else. Dodge crank sensor goes out throw no crank code neither. Seein what the ecm seeing and think as it intrepret is where the problem came from. If u seeing the cam deg is all over the place. Then it is time to think of the distributor or the wiring.

Kin chan