CHEVY LOUD SHUDDERING NOISE AT END OF STOP

2005 Chevrolet Silverado

Shakes or Wobbles problem
2005 Chevy Silverado 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 40000 miles

At the end of a stop, my pickup comes to a loud, grinding, shuddering stop. Shakes the whole cab.

Has recently started inhibiting the acceleration after stopping. Feels like brakes are grabbing, releasing, grabbing, releasing. Very load noise. Sounds like metal to metal.

Had brakes inspected and very trustworthy mechanic could not see ANY damage to brakes

He drove it numerous times and couldn't even get the " shuddering" stop to occur. Pickup went about a week after the inspection and then started up shuddering again.

Losing my mind, please help with suggestions.
Agilbreath

Sounds like one or more of your brake calipers are binding/sticking. The problem could be that a caliper pin is binding and not letting the caliper go back to a nuetral position. (I had a left rear caliper pin sieze up and on occasion, the whole truck would shudder going down the road). The caiper pin looked like it was welded into the cailper. I broke/sheared off two T-55 torx bits and twisted a 3rd around where it looked like a drill bit before it broke loose (after applying heat to the pin). There was no lubrication left on the pin causing the caliper to bind against the disk.

If the caliper pins are ok, then you may have some foreign material blocking the brake fluid to return through the master cylinder or ABS system.

Also, if you have the disk brakes in the rear, check the status of the brake shoes that are used for the emergency brake system. If the mechanic just checked the condition of the pads and didn't remove the disks, there is no means to inspect the brake shoes of the E-brake.

Quagmire86