CHEVY 4WD

2001 Chevrolet Silverado

2001 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 194500 miles

I lost my 4WD. I tried to engage the 4WD by pushing the buttons on the 4WD switch. The lights on the switch would not light and the veh would not change from 2WD to 4WD. The service 4WD light came on in the instrument panel. I removed the battery cable to see if it would reset the code, the service 4WD lightwent out but there still appeares to be no power to the switch. I have replaced the actuator and the 4WD switch but I still appear to have no power to the switch. As stated above I can not engage the 4WD. Do you have any idea of the problem. Thanks
George Hughes

Turn the key to run and go to the front axle actuator, located on the front differential. Unplug it and test the brown wire for 12 volts. This is the same circuit as the 4wd switch. If there is no voltage then you probably have a blown fuse -- I believe it is fuse number 24 under the dash - 25amp.

Pear69