CHEVY FUEL LINE LEAK

2000 Chevrolet Silverado

Smells problem
2000 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 80000 miles

I am parked near the woods a lot of the time for sometimes quite a while. I don't drive it all the time because of the horrible gas mileage 10mpg or less. Any insight I can get for improvements would be great. The issue is I noticed a gas leak under the drivers side seat area. I got underneath and noticed there are three fuel lines at thet spot going to the engine. Right where they turn and go up there are what looks like a flexible hose connecting the steel lines to make the bend. I don't know for sure but it looks like maybe some mice were chewing on it and one has started to leak. Is the only way to repair this to replace the whole fuel line or can I cut out the soft hose and replace with new. And maybe brass fittings or something.
Chuckobar1

Actually, it is steel. With fuel line, you don't want to use rubber hose because of the pressure produced by the fuel pump. If it is leaking, it the result of a rusted line or a damaged line. I would recommend having the entire thing replaced.

Let me know if you have other questions.

I'm not sure if you got my last responce so here I go again. The line looks to be steel and rubber at the bend. It appears as though something has worn a spot on the rubber and I was wondering if I can just replace the rubber. The whole line is $60 and being laid off I was just wondering if I could replace just the rubber. I'm guessing probably not.

Chuckobar1