CHEVY TRUCK WILL START BUT DIES

1999 Chevrolet Silverado

Computer problem
1999 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Manual

Security light comes on when you turn on ignition. Truck will turn over and will start but immediately goes dead.

Was told this is something to do with a manufacturer security install in 1999 and this was the only year they did install this.
Tjriley

I'm giving you the relearn procedure. It may or may not work. If it doesn't, that would mean it has a hard failure and will require using a Tech2 scan tool to diagnose it.

Disconnect the battery and hold the cables together for about 30 seconds then reconnect the cables before performing the procedure. Read it carefully if done incorrectly it won't work. If it helps let me know.
Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).
Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes (the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlockâ„¢ Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK).
Important
The vehicle learns the Passlockâ„¢ Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
Start the engine (the vehicle has now learned the Passlockâ„¢ Sensor Data Code and/or password).
With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed (history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles).

Wrenchtech